Friday, April 30, 2010

I hope she finds peace

Another heart-rending story to cross my path is that of a young lady who has recently tested HIV positive. Our Senior Pastor shared his experience with her in this way:
M came from the doctor's office. Her blood work came back indicating that she was HIV positive. The news devastated her. She has 2 children and doesn't know how to tell them. Her whole body was shaking uncontrollably as we were talking. The reason she dropped by was to ask for prayer and to find out when our worship services are. I prayed for her and gave her a couple of tokens to get to her next appointments.
I spoke with her a week after she shared the devastating news with Pastor Bill. In that conversation she conversed a little about the deceitful man who infected her but also indicated that since receiving her horrific news things had gotten better. "I used to be an addict," she told me, "but I've been free for the last week." But the better news was that she was starting to see God at work in all of this: "I'm going to keep coming here because something is working."
May God be known as a Healer and Deliverer - even today with all of our scientific understanding and available treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment